ADVANTAGES OF HARD CHROME
- Resistance to friction and abrasion wear;
- Increases surface hardness;
- Corrosion and oxidation resistance;
- High temperature resistance;
- Resistance to chemical action;
- Increases tool life;
- Reduces production costs;
- Significantly improves the release of parts.
HARDNESS – High between 68/70 Hr (rockwell), 900/1000 Hv (vickers) average, Mohs scale of 8.5;
FRICTION – Low coefficient with high sliding power, with no need for lubricants, as it does not generate particle adhesion;
WEAR – Hard chrome-plated material resists about 5 to 8 times more than without hard chrome;
RESISTANCE – Absence of oxidation at high and low temperatures and resistance to corrosion, chemical action, among others;
THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY – 93W mK.